Maybe you’re wondering what all the fuss is about Facebook Live. You may be thinking, sure, it’s cool, but how does it apply to my business? Why should I be using it for my marketing efforts?
In short: If you’re not streaming video to Facebook Live, you’re crazy. Why? The facts speak for themselves. These are just a few of the reasons your organization needs to be streaming video on Facebook Live:
Why You Should Be Streaming Video Online:
- Nearly 80 percent of people watch online videos every week, and 55 percent watch every day.
- Three-quarters of business executives watch work-related videos on at least a weekly basis.
- Over half of marketing professionals around the world say video has the best ROI of any content type.
- Marketers who use video increase revenue 49 percent faster than those who don’t.
- Among mobile video viewers, 92 percent share videos they watch with others.
- Including video on a web page drives a 157 percent increase in organic traffic from search engines.
- A poor online video experience would discourage 60 percent of viewers from engaging with a brand across all social media platforms.
- Organizations that use online video grow year-over-year revenue 49 percent faster than those that don’t.
Why You Should Be Streaming Facebook Live Video:
- Video on social media platforms generates 1200 percent more shares than text and images combined.
- About ⅔ of all U.S. adults use Facebook (66 percent).
- Of marketers and SMB owners, 44 percent plan to spend money to promote video on Facebook in the next 12 months.
- Daily watch time for Facebook Live streams has increased by more than four times.
- One out of five videos posted on Facebook is now a Live broadcast.
- Just under half of all U.S. adults—or 68 percent of all Facebook users—get their news from Facebook, as do 88 percent of Millennials.
- Every month, Facebook users leave 2.5 billion comments on Facebook Pages.
- Facebook videos have a higher engagement rate than YouTube links—and have 10 times the viral reach.
- Every day, 500 million people watch videos on Facebook.
- Nearly one-third of Facebook users (32 percent) engage with brands regularly.